I recently helped out a client map out and write out a business plan. Its always hard for a creative mind to put all their thoughts together on a piece of paper. As a start up entrepreneur this is very common and its hard to come up with a business plan on your own. I recently came across some great business plan templates doing some research with the small business resources online. What I found is most business plan templates have common layers or steps when you are writing out a business plan.
The elements of a business plan contain the following:
- Business Portfolio Summary (Covers Business Concepts, and all arenas of the business)
- Business Analysis and Overview
- Product Line, Services and Resources
- Industry Forecast, Market Research and Demand
- Marketing Strategy and platform
- Daily Operation Analysis and Outlook
- Financial Plan
- Licenses, Permits and Paperwork
- Packaging of Service Agreements, Product Agreements and Business Documentation
Remember the details must be simple, clear and easy to read and understand.