I recently found myself in an internet marketing group discussion and we ended up creating a few guidelines that most internet marketers should follow. I recently was caught off guard by a few comments made by someone in my industry. I realized that while it may seem that most internet marketers support each other, sometimes it can be difficult. I started to evaluate my relationship with one of these internet marketers and found myself holding back. The internet marketing think tank couldn’t have come at a better time. I realized that I was not the only one who had experience such unpleasant times.
If internet marketing had to have 10 commandments the following laws of the land are certainly ones to uphold!
- We are all trying to make a dollar out of 15 cents. Do not judge or hate what we do!
- No marketer is above anyone else, at the end of the day we all have different strengths.
- You shall not steal others content PERIOD!
- You will not be two faced with your circle of connections. No one loves a hypocrite.
- Lose the ego among circle of friends!
- Engage converse and share! Do not be a KNOW IT ALL!
- Be supportive and show genuine interest to your peers! No room for Jealousy!
- Share your knowledge, a think tank is about giving and receiving!
- Arrogance is never appealing, Lose the sense of entitlement!
- Recognize success even if its not yours, and find the strength in everyone!
Have you ever been in a situation where someone has broken any of these commandments? I will have another blog post for 10 golden habits for internet marketing in the days to come.