In the last 10 years books like the “Clue train Manifesto” were inspirational in predicting the next wave of marketing. Consumers are becoming more influenced by social interaction and opinion when making buying decisions. A company’s outlook weights heavily today on consumer’s choice and companies only started to figure out that they couldn’t survive not being on a social platform.
2011 was the year of growth for social media platforms and social presence for companies. While businesses realized the need for social media most couldn’t figure out how to measure the success or failure of various social marketing strategies. In fact most companies created a social profile to protect their brand however less focused on doing anything with the social platforms. Enter the world of dormant brand pages!!!
SOCIAL MEDIA TRENDS IN 2011.
The following trends were observed in 2011 from the social media world.
- The year of GROWTH for platforms and brand presence.
- Divided marketing MEDIA that weren’t integrated to accommodate social marketing.
- Social started to get SUPPORTIVE when it came to consumer support.
- One way DIALOGUE from brand presences as most companies feared public opinion.
- Mass CONTENT of information that didn’t fit the audience.
- New INTRODUCTIONS of social platforms that could compliment your online marketing plan.