Social media refers to the usage of web/mobile based technological platforms with the intention to turn communication into an interactive dialogue. This allows the creation and exchange of user generated content.
Social Media Marketing is an additional marketing strategy that focuses on relationship building, branding and customer retention and loyalty. The purpose of these integrated marketing communications is to eventually compliment a company’s sales process and lead generation funnel.
The challenge between these two concepts is most businesses today focus on either Social media presence or expect to see immediate results on front line revenue and leads through aggressive marketing coordination without the interactive dialogue.
Businesses that succeed in having a presence online and converting that presence into lead generation and sales funnel understand that the following results happen when:
- An average of 6 positive deposits occur to an interaction before a marketing pitch
- When Social media is considered an additional marketing platform and not the only marketing platform
- When the online presence is based on consumer interaction
- When the corporate loses its structure and gains an edge
- There is an existence of social web engagement
- When multiple departments compliment the social media process
- When the content on your social media is interactive, viral and fun to look at
- When your customers become part of your marketing department
- When your customers get to experience a feeling of belonging, appreciate and loyalty
“Social Media Success = Interaction +Marketing”