There are many definitions to a sales copy. Simply put an online sales copy is content on a web platform that influences a consumer to take action. For decades sales copy writing has evolved and has been one of the contributing factors in the success or failure of a website. There is an art to writing sales copy and sometimes this art can take a few months of practise to perfect this skill set. You can test many different copies to find that sweet spot.
A – Your headline needs to be attention grabbing
I – Tap into your potential prospects interest
D – Ignite the your audiences desire
A – Prompt or influence the consumer to take action
Now there are many results from effective sales copy writing. The impact of a successful sales copy can be highlighted as follows
- Influencing audience towards a certain direction
- Engaging the audience to talk, converse or share your pages
- Sell products or services
- Creating a mass following
- Promoting an event or workshop
- Building credibility
There are many different factors that impact your sales copy to make it successful. Here are some factors you need to consider when your are using sales copy.
- Traffic sources
- The region where your audience resides in
- The demographics of your audience and how well it compliments your products and services
- Age Genre that is being effected by what you have to offer
- Interest and how well you tap into the desire of your prospects
- The connections, platform and browser the audience is using
- How well partners, affiliates or joint ventures promote your sales copy
We will be discussing the different types of sales copy in a future blog post however I am curious to know what the experiences have been for those entrepreneurs that have written sales copy. What were the factors that influenced the success of failure of your sales copy?